Canada-based donors wishing to receive an instant tax receipt for donations may
give by credit card, PayPal or gift card to the THE LEWA WILDLIFE
CONSERVANCY (CANADA) by:
- clicking here
- going to the box headed “DONATE TO THIS CHARITY”
- selecting “Donate Now” or “Donate Monthly”
- under “Apply your donation to a fund set up by this charity” clicking on the
dropdown menu and selecting “7. Mount Elgon Elephant Project”
- clicking on “CONTINUE WITH DONATION”
- selecting credit card, PayPal or gift card and completing the instructions that
follow each option.
Canada-based donors wishing to donate securities should select “Donate Securities” at step 2 above or if they wish to give in other ways, they should contact the Mount Elgon Foundation here.
Lewa Canada’s main mission is to support conservation, education, community
development and research initiatives in East Africa. Lewa Canada is managed by an
all-volunteer board and acts through qualified agents in Kenya, including the Lewa
Wildlife Conservancy (LWC) and the East African Wild Life Society. The all-volunteer
efforts of Lewa Canada’s Board and Advisory Council have enabled the transfer of
over 98% of all funds received to projects in Africa. All projects are subject to
approval and oversight as determined by the Lewa Canada board in its sole and
absolute discretion, in accordance with Canadian law.